- People whose problems are within the areas of law practiced by the Clinic.
- People whose income and assets are within the guidelines set by Legal Aid Ontario for representation.
* Financial eligibility is not considered when the staff provide only summary advice.
If your main source of family income is one of the following, then you qualify financially for our services:
- Ontario Works (OW)
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Old Age Security Pension with Guaranteed Income Supplement
- War Veterans’ Allowance
- Canada Pension Plan (if a CPP application where CPP is the primary source of family income)
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) which are temporary or threatened
Financial eligibility will be assessed based on family size, family income as well as other factors. You are allowed to own a home and qualify for our services and your home will not be subject to a lien.
There are also discretionary factors which are taken into consideration by the Staff and the Board of the Renfrew County Legal Clinic. Please call the clinic for further information.